Monday, April 23, 2007

I am Running Waters

Anyone who knows me can easily tell why I chose this symbolic name. Perhaps because I am a wealth of knowledge flowing endlessly on. Swirling, and bubbling with fresh ideas and life. I carry the secrets of the woods and the valleys I run through and offer refreshment to the lifeforms that come in contact with me.

(That or I just have an overactive bladder which is probably why I prefer outdoor settings to the confinements of normal living spaces and schedules.)

I am very much the latter, but aspire to be the first definition of my self-declared name. My bladder aside, I do intend to chronicle my experiences and flirtations with the outdoors. I am intrigued by the outdoors, and the beauty in every creature. I do believe in the Spirit that moves in all things, and that there is a Grand Creator. I find peace in my outdoor ventures and find that clarity comes from asking nature to reveal her secrets. I am nowhere near the level of inner awareness I want to be but that comes with time and patience.
As I am part Cherokee, I am not trying to make fun of Indians or primative lifestyles in my attempts to mimic and master their ways. I simply want to learn and come closer to living with the Earth as our ancestors have done.

1 comment:

Shredder said...

Greetings "Running Waters", I just came accross your blog while attempting to use "Primative Mind" for mine. I look forward to some of your postings. I think we are of like mind. I am part Ojibwe and feel strong ties with the natural world. I try to tread lightly on this planet and live the old way as much as I can in this modern world. Modern man is nothing more than the blind leading the blind. The Anishinabeg (Original people) had it right for the most part. We can learn alot from them. Good luck with your blog and maybe our paths will cross. BTW - You don't live far from me.