Monday, June 4, 2007

gone fishing.

Hello again. I have recently had the opportunity to go up to my Mom and Dad's place in northern Michigan. It was a great little trip with my family. I finally broke down and bought fishing licenses for my wife and I and I am glad we did. We went fishing together and even though I didn't catch anything worthwhile, I realized again why fishing is so alluring. It's all about being outdoors and in good company. I realize their are many just seeking trophy fish but take that away and you get time to talk, listen or just observe. I was glad to have seen and heard Loons and many other wonderful birds. Leaving for home my Dad apologized for the Bad fishing, but I had caught a glimpse of what I enjoy so much (Nature, family and peace) and that made for great fishing.

1 comment:

Beth Soelberg said...

Hey Joel! I'm so glad you guys could go up to your Mom's for the weekend and enjoy a little time in the N. Michigan outback! I love reading your blog b/c it makes me remember how beautiful the world is. It just keeps on being gorgeous no matter how little of that beauty reaches our consciousness, and we're rewarded doubly when we DO stop to revel in it. So thanks!